National Pump & Energy are proud to be leaders in the provision of pump, power and compressed air equipment and services. As an industry leader our reputation has been built on products and services delivered by people who are passionate about quality, reliability, and attentiveness. We pride ourselves on finding good people who deliver quality and share a common goal. We provide the benefits you expect from a leading national company, but what makes us different?
- Rewarding Work – Being leaders in our industry, we offer a diverse fast-paced work environment
- Our culture – We offer the career opportunities of a large company with the tight knit family feel of a smaller team.
- Loyalty – We want to see you reach your potential and we would like to help you get there!
We have recently acquired the Vortex Group of Companies and doubled our headcount overnight. We are experiencing transformational growth across the business and are urgently seeking an experienced Workshop Supervisor to support and have the capacity to relieve the Branch Manager. Are you ready to take your career to the next level?
The successful candidate will be able to guide the team to develop and maintain an engaged, productive and committed workforce. You will have a thorough understanding of the hire industry and be competent navigating various software programs to ensure your success in this fast-paced role.
- Efficiently manage the coordination & scheduling of workshop service requirements (maintenance, system installation & commissioning, fabrication, electrical and testing)
- Ensuring efficient operation of equipment by establishing preventative maintenance & servicing schedules
- Servicing, installations, and repairs of equipment in the workshop (and the field as required)
- Train, coach and manage the service/maintenance team
- Ensure procurement of cost-effective spare parts & identify requirements to ensure availability
- Lead by example to promote a positive commitment to company values, safety and workshop systems
- Liaising with customers and suppliers and internal stakeholders for effective service delivery
- Completion of daily paperwork (i.e. job sheets, toolbox meetings, pre-starts etc.)
- Manage rostering requirements to ensure that personnel availability meets requirements for job schedules
- Other duties as required by Manager
Skills/ Selection Criteria (qualifications & experience)
- Trade qualification – Mechanical, Electrical, Diesel (or similar)
- Experience in a workshop supervisory (or similar) position
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant plant (diesel and electrical pumps), equipment, pipe works and installations
- Pump Experience – Electric and Diesel
- Ability to read and test Pumps to OEM Pump Curves
- Demonstrated high level of problem solving and communication skills
- Proven leadership ability to develop, empower and motivate employees to obtain the required objectives
- Results driven, solutions focused and highly organised
- Exposure to heavy vehicles and machinery
- Microsoft Office
- Current C-class Driver’s Licence
- High Risk forklift Licence (desirable)
We believe in providing a great employee experience. Therefore, we invest in perks, benefits, and experiences to make the employee journey the best it can be. You will be offered the following benefits and more:
- Be part of a growing national company
- Generous yearly staff events
- Total support in the role
- Complimentary Employee Assistance Program for staff and their family
- Generous discounts available on our online employee portal
If you’re ready to join a champion team with supportive Management, submit your application today. Applications close 19 November 2021 so get in quick and don’t miss out!
For further information on the role, please contact our HR Coordinator, Steph Avendano on 0499 492 948. No agencies please.