National Pump & Energy are proud to be leaders in the provision of pump, power and compressed air equipment and services. As an industry leader, our reputation has been built on products and services delivered by people who are passionate about quality, reliability, and attentiveness. We provide the benefits you would expect from a national company, but what makes us different?
- Challenging Work – Being leaders in our industry, we offer diverse and challenging work.
- Our Culture – We offer the career opportunities of a large company with the tight knit family feel of a smaller team.
- Loyalty – We want to see you reach your potential and we would like to help you get there!
About the Role:
As we continue to grow our operations, there is an exciting opportunity to join the Melbourne team as a Water Treatment Technician. This is a full-time opportunity, for somebody wanting to learn and grow their knowledge with an industry leading company
- Maintain and troubleshoot water treatment plant and equipment in the field
- Responsible for carrying out scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of mobile water treatment systems
- Fault finding to identify the source of water quality issues and put the processes in place to address and treat
- Assessing field parameters and treatments required based on a quick visual assessment
- Analysis and adjustment to water quality at discharge
- Installation and commissioning of new water treatment equipment/plants
- Maintenance of process equipment (water treatment plants, pumps, and pipework)
- Identify, report, and resolve service outcomes on site
- Responding to and rectifying alarms generated by SCADA or through the customer portal.
- Maintenance activities associated with the Computerised Maintenance Management System and established systems and practice.
- Customer and public interfacing, while attending to aspects associated with our clients ground water discharge quality
- Collection and laboratory analysis of water samples
- Providing breakdown service and repairs to water treatment equipment and plants
- Maintain quality records and compliance documentation as require by management
- Other duties as requested by your Manager
Skills/ Selection Criteria (qualifications & experience)
- Existing expertise & knowledge of water treatment within a water and chemical environment (working with Acid Sulphate soils with experience as to how this impacts ground water)
- Understanding of discharge criteria in the Melbourne Region
- Knowledge of water sampling and lab procedures to ensure QA requirements are maintained
- Ability to confidently communicate to a diverse range of customers and colleagues and deliver exceptional customer service to champion the NPE brand
- Ability to work autonomously and be self-sufficient
- Experience in the maintenance of valves, pumps, pipelines, and other electrical/mechanical equipment.
- Demonstrated experience commissioning water treatment equipment in the field including preparing & testing of water treatment equipment prior to being commissioned on site
- Understanding of the constraints, pressures, and responsibility of keeping a construction or mining site compliant with their site discharge water
- Knowledge of water treatment technologies
- Sound understanding of P&ID’s and shop drawings and an ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
- Working knowledge of centrifugal and diaphragm pumps
- Current C Class Drivers Licence
- Construction Induction
- Experience in the Rental, Mining, Construction or Heavy industries
- Experience working in a Plumbing/fitting/mechanical background would be highly regarded
- Understanding of how to operate a plant using PLC and HMI
- Qualification in Water Industry / Treatment Operations
We believe in providing a great employee experience. Therefore, we invest in perks, benefits, and experiences to make the employee journey the best it can be. You will be offered the following benefits and more:
- Be part of a growing national company
- Generous yearly staff events
- Total support in the role
- Complimentary Employee Assistance Program for staff and their family
- Generous discounts available on our online employee portal
If you are ready to join a champion team with supportive Management, submit your application and tell us how you meet the above criteria and will be the perfect fit for team NPE. Short-listing will commence immediately so get in quick to avoid disappointment.
Candidates must live in and have the right to work in Australia to be considered for the role. Applications close 29 November 2021. No agencies please. For further information on the role, please contact Ryan Schoenberger – HR Administrator on 07 5438 4313.