National Pump & Energy is a leader in the provision of pump, power and compressed air equipment and services. Due to continued growth, we are seeking a Pump Crew Operator with a solid background in mine site dewatering, pump maintenance and installs. This position is a fixed term contract ending in March 2021 with opportunity to be extended. Working 12-hour days Thursday – Sunday and based at a Bowen basin mine site.
- Mine-site dewatering, maintenance and monitoring
- Welding and installation of HDPE pipelines
- Assessment and inspections of dewatering pumps
- Basic effective maintenance
- Liaising with customers for variations
- Pre-start on equipment and monitoring oil levels
- Accurate and timely recording of service information;
- Monitor water levels in dams to ensure supply
- Ensuring delivery schedules are met in a timely manner;
- Deliver excellent customer service and champion the NPE brand.
Skills/ Selection Criteria (qualifications & experience)
- Experience in mine-site dewatering (including the ability to monitor water levels in an open pit dam in a mine environment);
- Ability to coordinate general pump installations, including associated pipework as well as dewatering;
- Ability to run an installation from arrival on site to completion of each job
- Knowledge of monitoring the conditions of the dewatering equipment;
- Ability to read, interpret and record pressure gauge readings;
- Knowledge in pumping fundamentals;
- Understanding of priming systems
- Basic mechanical diagnostic knowledge
- Organised and able to work without supervision.
- Completion of a BMA core induction or Standard 11
- Hold a current Coal Board Medical (or willing to obtain)
- Hold a valid ‘C’ Class Driver’s Licence
- Polywelding Ticket combined with relevant experience
- Trade Certificate (Mechanical/Engineering)
- Chainsaw ticket
Short-listing will commence immediately so get in quick to avoid disappointment.
For further information on the role, please contact Ayla Montero on 0488 414 544.