We provide the benefits you expect from a leading national company, but what makes us different?
Rewarding Work – Being leaders in our industry, we offer a diverse fast-paced work environment.
Our Culture – We offer the career opportunities of a large company with the tight knit family feel of a smaller team.
Loyalty – We want to see you reach your potential and we would like to help you get there!
National Pump & Energy (NPE) are proud to be leaders in the provision of pump, power and water treatment solutions. As an industry leader our reputation has been built on products and services delivered by people who are passionate about quality, reliability, and attentiveness.
About the Role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Supervisor to join our Adelaide branch. You will play a pivotal role to lead the civil team and ensure that operational requirements and deadlines are met by assisting with improving workflow efficiency, forecasting, planning.
• Supervise the execution of project management plans and schedules.
• Provide a clear vision and maintaining clear communication to all team members.
• Dealing with external/internal stakeholder demands, conflicts and change.
• Provide visible leadership that continually supports a positive workplace culture.
• Adopt a proactive approach to safety by consulting with the work force, promoting safe work practices,
identifying and assessing workplace hazards and implementing appropriate control measures.
• Ensure safety policies, procedures and practices are implemented and OHS legislative requirements are complied with.
• Report workplace issues and incidents in a timely manner
• Proactively plan in consultation with sales/branch/project manager for upcoming works
• Provide ‘on the job’ training as required to other employees, customers or contractors.
• Communicate with branch/site team, sub-contractors and client representatives via phone and/or email to ensure schedules are kept and jobs are being completed on time.
• Ensure appropriate delegation of duties to contractors/employees to ensure the work is completed correctly.
• Evaluate employee performance onsite and provide feedback as required to the Project manager.
• Site visits with sales/branch teams to scope works.
• Provide visual leadership that continually develops a supportive culture.
• Sign off timesheets of direct report employees each week validated for processing.
• Building engagement and capability within the Projects team
Ensure all employees are competently trained for the work that they are required to carry out.
Skills/ Selection Criteria (qualifications & experience)
• Current Drivers Licence
• Strong Project Supervisory experience
• Knowledge of dewatering, pumping system design and installation
• Ability to supervise and develop a project team from front end to extract the best from team members.
• Proven leadership ability to develop, empower and motivate employees to obtain the required objectives.
• Exceptional organisation and planning skills with strong adherence to deadlines and an ability to juggle multiple competing priorities.
• Patient, flexible and adaptable to changing and challenging circumstances with great problem-solving and an ability to work well under pressure.
• Display the ability of high-level strategic thinking to make decisions that are in the best interest of NPE.
• Ability to travel to site as required.
• Results driven, solutions-focused team player.
• Experience in the Rental, Mining, Construction or Heavy industries
• Tertiary qualification in Engineering, Mining or Business Management would be advantageous.
We believe in providing a great employee experience. Therefore, we invest in perks, benefits, and experiences to make the employee journey the best it can be.