National Pump & Energy are proud to be leaders in the provision of pump, power and compressed air equipment and services. As an industry leader our reputation has been built on products and services delivered by people who are passionate about quality, reliability, and attentiveness. We pride ourselves on finding good people who deliver quality and share a common goal. We provide the benefits you expect from a leading national company, but what makes us different?
- Rewarding Work- Being leaders in our industry, we offer a diverse fast-paced work environment
- Our culture- We offer the career opportunities of a large company with the tight knit family feel of a smaller team.
- Loyalty- We want to see you reach your potential and we would like to help you get there!
We have recently acquired the Vortex Group of Companies and doubled our headcount overnight. We are experiencing transformational growth across the business and are urgently seeking an experienced Project Manager to manage medium to large scale project (including but not limited to the scope, budget, schedule, resources, and quality).
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? The successful candidate will be able to guide the team to develop successful tender submissions in conjunction with the tendering team. Ensuring all projects committed by NPE are successfully designed, built, and executed on time, on budget, and injury free. You will lead a highly effective projects team to achieve targets and support key business goals through mentoring, clear communication, conflict resolution, delegation, and negotiation.
- Oversee and assist project resources in the execution of all project related to ensure solutions and expected benefits are delivered
- Ensure business growth objectives are met through the development of innovative solutions
- Ensure strategic plans are clearly understood, communicated to key stakeholders, and delivered to a high standard
- Developing and maintaining effective systems to capture & monitor market intelligence, customer trends and competitor activity
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Track project performance, particularly to analyse the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Provide a clear vision through communication, ensuring all team members have the required resources, training, and a high level of understanding to achieve the operational needs and goals of NPE
- Dealing with external/internal stakeholder demands, conflicts and change.
- Coach and mentor the project team members on project management best practice and identify specific training needs to ensure continued team development
- Represent the Company in concept, planning and progress meetings with key clients and projects including attending client sites, preparation of the scopes of work for sales and projects to quote for proposal to the client
- Review tender submissions holistically and manage stakeholder involvement required to submit on time
- Prepare and conduct project hand overs to site based project resources upon contract award to ensure projects are executed on time, on budget, and injury free
- Develop detailed project management plans, execution plans, schedules, and other project related documentation to the satisfaction of the client
- Project quality management and ensuring deliverables meet agreed internal design and client specified criteria
- Provide monthly reporting to the Operations Managers summarising project activities, issues, concerns, etc
- Develop and maintain a project register noting key risks to be monitored and managed specific to each contract
- Assist sales team by providing project resources as required to develop budget estimates, project plans, drawings, and prepare tender submissions
- Dealing with own energy levels to manage employee and customers’ demands
- Provide visible leadership that continually supports a positive workplace culture
- Building engagement and capability within the Projects team
Skills/ Selection Criteria (qualifications & experience)
- Current C-Class Drivers Licence
- Strong Project Management experience (executing projects in excess of $10 Million)
- Knowledge of dewatering, pumping system design, pipeline design and installation
- Solid knowledge of mining industry practices from an operational and financial perspective, with an appreciation of safety requirements within the mining industry
- Advance skills with Microsoft Project, Primavera P6 or similar with good understanding of project estimating and earned value calculations
- Ability to lead and develop a project team from front end to extract the best from team members
- Strong technical writing ability & verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to manage outcomes and expectations with senior business leaders and key stakeholders, maintaining strong professional relationships
- Proven leadership ability to develop, empower and motivate employees to obtain the required objectives
- Results driven; solutions focused with a strong analytical capability
- Exceptional organisation and planning skills with strong adherence to deadlines and an ability to juggle multiple competing priorities
- Patient, flexible and adaptable to changing and challenging circumstances with great problem-solving and an ability to work well under pressure
- Display the ability of high-level strategic thinking to make decisions that are in the best interest of NPE
- A high level of discretion and professionalism to act with integrity and always maintain confidentiality
- Ability to travel to site as required
- Experience in the Rental, Mining, Construction or Heavy industries
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering, Mining or Business Management
- Project Management Certification (PMP, Prince 2)
- Contracts Administration background
- Change Management experience
We believe in providing a great employee experience. Therefore, we invest in perks, benefits, and experiences to make the employee journey the best it can be. You will be offered the following benefits and more:
- Be part of a growing national company
- Generous yearly staff events
- Total support in the role
- Complimentary Employee Assistance Program for staff and their family
- Generous discounts available on our online employee portal
If you’re ready to join a champion team with supportive Management, submit your application today. Applications close 2 December 2021 so get in quick and don’t miss out! No agencies please. For further information on the role, please contact our HR Coordinator, Steph Avendano on 0499 492 948.