National Pump & Energy are proud to be leaders in the provision of pump, power and compressed air equipment and services. As an industry leader, our reputation has been built on products and services delivered by people who are passionate about quality, reliability and attentiveness. We provide the benefits you would expect from a national company, but what makes us different?
Challenging Work – Being leaders in our industry, we offer diverse and challenging work.
Our Culture – We offer the career opportunities of a large company with the tight knit family feel of a smaller team.
Loyalty – We want to see you reach your potential and we would like to help you get there!
We are looking for a Mechanic who is eager to join the NPE team and work for a leader in the provision of pump, power and compressed air equipment and services. The role is based out of our Laverton North branch with the opportunity to also work on-site work performing servicing, repairs and installations. No two days are the same with work varying from mine site dewatering to sewer bypasses.
- Undertaking maintenance & repair of equipment
- Ensuring delivery schedules are met in a timely manner
- Performing engine diagnosis, mechanical repairs and servicing
- Inspections and assessments of returned fleet for damage, ensuring the assessment includes scope of repairs and parts
- Accurate recording of servicing information and other documentation relevant to the role
- Connection and testing of pumping equipment
- Undertake ad-hoc servicing, installs and repairs in the field as required
- Deliver excellent customer service and champion the NPE brand.
Skills/ Selection Criteria (qualifications & experience)
- Relevant Trade Certificate – Mechanical or Mechanical Fitting
- Experience in diesel engine and mechanical maintenance and repairs.
- Assessing and scoping required repairs & parts
- Ability to read manuals and schematics, document repair notes and interpret parts information.
- Able to work unsupervised with limited direction.
- Current C-class driver’s license
- Experience in the Rental, Mining, Construction or Heavy industries
- Ability to read, interpret and record pressure gauge readings (with micrometers, feeler gauges, dial test indicators)
- Experience in diesel and electric pump repairs, pump & system installations and diagnostics
We believe in providing a great employee experience. Therefore, we invest in perks, benefits, and experiences to make the employee journey the best it can be. You will be offered the following benefits and more:
- Be part of a growing national company
- Generous yearly staff events
- Total support in the role
- Complimentary Employee Assistance Program for staff and their family
- Generous discounts available on our online employee portal
If you’re ready to join a champion team with supportive Management, submit your application today. Applications close 7 January 2022 so get in quick and don’t miss out!
No agencies please. For further information on the role, please contact our HR Coordinator, Steph Avendano on 0499 492 948.
Please note: Due to the upcoming holiday period, this advertisement has been extended to close in the new year. Shortlisting will begin immediately and we may commence interviews early on in the campaign. Don’t delay, apply today!
Applicants are encouraged to reach out if they have any hesitation on applying. We are looking to find the right person for the role and understand that you may not be available for an interview until a certain date. We will do our best to accommodate applicants where possible.
As an inherited defence against COVID-19, it is a prerequisite that all candidates are fully vaccinated to be considered for this position.