We provide the benefits you expect from a leading national company, but what makes us different?
Rewarding Work – Being leaders in our industry, we offer a diverse fast-paced work environment
Our Culture – We offer the career opportunities of a large company with the tight knit family feel of a smaller team
Loyalty – We want to see you reach your potential and we would like to help you get there!
National Pump & Energy (NPE) are proud to be leaders in the provision of pump, power and compressed air equipment and services. As an industry leader, our reputation has been built on products and services delivered by people who are passionate about quality, reliability, and attentiveness.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Fitter who is eager to work for a leader in the provision of pump, power and compressed air equipment and services. The role is based out of our Darwin branch performing servicing, repairs and installations.
• Undertaking maintenance & repair of equipment
• Ensuring delivery schedules are met in a timely manner
• Performing engine diagnosis, mechanical repairs and servicing
• Inspections and assessments of returned fleet for damage, ensuring the assessment includes scope of repairs and parts
• Accurate recording of servicing information and other documentation relevant to the role
• Connection and testing of pumping equipment
• Undertake ad-hoc servicing, installs and repairs in the field as required
Skills/ Selection Criteria (qualifications & experience)
• Relevant Trade Certificate – Mechanical or Mechanical Fitting
• Experience in diesel engine and mechanical maintenance and repairs
• Experience in diesel and electric pump repairs, pump & system installations, diagnostics, duty testing.
• Experience aligning pump ends to drive systems
• Assessing and scoping required repairs & parts
• Ability to read, interpret and record pressure gauge readings (with micrometers, feeler gauges, dial test indicators)
• Ability to read manuals and schematics, document repair notes and interpret parts information
• Able to work unsupervised with limited direction
• Current C-class driver’s licence
• Able to Work unsupervised
• Organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Ability to follow workshop manuals
• Experience in the Rental, Mining, Construction or Heavy industries
• Experience in test and tag
• HR Truck Licence
We believe in providing a great employment experience. Therefore, we invest in Perks, benefits and experiences to make the employee journey the best it can be.