An exciting opportunity exists to join our Human Resources team in a newly created position. We are seeking an experienced Human Resources Advisor and this role would suit an ambitious, innovative and adaptable individual with strong experience in workplace relations. You will also have experience in an operational, fast-paced role where you are able to work with competing priorities and provide exceptional consultation skills and outcomes.
This new role will see you provide efficient and effective generalist advice & services to our 11 branches that are situated across Australia.
Above all, you will demonstrate NPE’s values and have a positive approach to your work. You will be a team player, innovative, supportive of team members and work towards positive business outcomes.
- Provide advice on HR organisational policies and procedures to all managers and employees;
- Contribute to the development and review of HR policies, procedures and forms in accordance with legislative requirements;
- Coach and assist managers in the NPE performance management processes;
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of systems and processes ensuring services meet professional and industry standards;
- Assist and provide direction to payroll for legislative queries, terminations and other related payments;
- Monitor industry information and updates to ensure award compliance;
- Responsible to review and update position descriptions for all employees;
- Perform salary reviews and benchmarking as required;
- Assist with Training needs analysis, development of training plans and training records where required;
- Assist with the development, implementation and delivery of internal training courses;
- Coordinate the onboarding and ongoing requirements for our apprentice program;
- Coordinate minor & standard Workers Compensation claims in conjunction with the HSEQ team;
- Assist with end-to-end Recruitment, Onboarding and other HR functions as required to support the team;
- Provide support to the HR Manager in assisting with HR initiatives and key projects within the business;
- Assist with the day to day operations of the HR function and tasks as directed by the HR Manager.
Skills/ Selection Criteria (qualifications & experience)
- Tertiary qualifications at degree level in human resources management or related discipline;
- Demonstrated experience in a HR generalist role with strong experience in workplace relations with minimum of 3-4 years’ experience;
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills;
- Demonstrated exceptional consulting skills with proven project management experience;
- Proven sound knowledge of human resource management and contemporary human resource practices;
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills;
- A passion for people and being involved in initiatives that make a difference;
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills for Word, Excel, Power Point, & Outlook;
- Ability prioritise under pressure and strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work with flexibility and initiative with limited direction or supervision.
If you are ready to join a champion team with a national industry leader, submit your application and cover letter and tell us how you will be the perfect fit for team NPE.
Applications close on February 26th, 2021.
Candidates must live in and have the right to work in Australia to be considered for the role. No agencies please.
For further information on the role, please contact Ayla Montero on 0488 414 544.