National Pump & Energy (NPE) is a leader in the provision of pump, power and compressed air equipment and services. With a team of highly experienced industry professionals, we have a strong focus on understanding our customers’ equipment rental requirements and delivering solutions that work. At NPE, we know that it’s our people that have set us apart from the others. Our dedicated team are committed to servicing the needs of our clients through unrivalled expertise and passion for what we do.
Due to positive growth at our Newcastle branch, we have an exciting opportunity for somebody to join the team in a full-time position. We are looking for an Electrician with a solid background in the repair and maintenance of mobile plant and equipment.
- Accountability for the effective maintenance, repair of equipment ensuring delivery schedules are met in a timely manner;
- Carry out all work to ensure compliance with Australian Electrical Standards;
- Carry out testing, maintenance, repair and fault-finding on 1000V pumps and associated equipment;
- Carry out test and tagging as required/scheduled;
- Conduct complete wiring on new equipment and telemetry panel builds;
- Responsible for tests, calibrate, installs, repair and inspects monitoring devices.
- Perform general maintenance on the equipment and design of new measuring and recording equipment.
- Conduct PLC control panel and full engine diagnostics;
- Assess, inspect and record data of pre-hire and returned fleet for damage;
- Accurate and timely recording of service / repair information;
- Ensuring timely completion for all inspection, testing, safety, delivery and purchasing paperwork is completed in full;
- Read and produce drawings for equipment being worked on;
- Assist with installs, servicing and repairs in the field as required;
- Effective communication on a day to day activities are clearly understood by all;
- Other duties as required by Manager.
Skills/ Selection Criteria (qualifications & experience)
Candidates must live in and have the right to work in Australia to be considered for the role.
- Trade certificate in relevant trade;
- A Grade Electrical Licence (WA only);
- Demonstrated experience in instrumentation
- Current C-class Driver’s Licence;
- Must be able to pass Pre-employment Medical, Musclo-Skeletal, Fitness for Work, and DAS;
- National Police Clearance (where required).
- Experience in the Rental, Mining, Construction or Heavy industries;
- High Risk Forklift Ticket (LF) (desirable)
- Sound verbal and written communications
- Work with a well-established company with experts and leaders in our field.
- Career progression opportunities are available.
- Work with a friendly and close-knit team.
- Immediate start available.
How to apply:
Please apply via SEEK by clicking on the “Apply for this Job” button with your Resume/CV and cover letter.
Applications close: 24 July 2020. No agencies please.
For further information on the role, please email Ayla Montero at firstname.lastname@example.org