National Pump & Energy (NPE) are proud to be leaders in the provision of pump, power and water treatment solutions. As an industry leader our reputation has been built on products and services delivered by people who are passionate about quality, reliability, and attentiveness. We provide the benefits you expect from a leading national company, but what makes us different?
Rewarding Work – Being leaders in our industry, we offer a diverse fast-paced work environment
Our Culture – We offer the career opportunities of a large company with the tight knit family feel of a smaller team
Loyalty – We want to see you reach your potential and we would like to help you get there
About the Role:
We are seeking a highly skilled Electrical Professional that is ready to take their career to the next level in a management role based in Welshpool. The role focuses on leading the electrical team on electrical design, specification, quality control, inspection, and compliance in accordance with electrical legislation and industry regulations. The successful candidate will be able to coach and manage the performance of the electrical team to ensure work is completed in a timely, safe, and profitable manner.
• Lead by example to promote a positive commitment to company values, safety, and workshop systems.
• Efficiently support business functions (engineering, sales, projects, workshop) to ensure the quality or project delivery is achieved through the project scope of work, design, specifications, electrical equipment requirements, and planning.
• Ensure design, installation, and testing of electrical scopes of work meet legislative, company and customer quality specifications and standards including all Electrical Sign off documentation.
• Perform scoping, costing and quotes for client enquiries in a timely manner.
• Monitor and coordinate any tasks to be completed to maintain compliance with OHS and other Electrical legislative requirements.
• Ensure all paperwork including, but not limited to, job sheets, toolbox meetings, pre-starts, and timesheets is completed in a timely manner so it can be submitted for approval.
• Proactively work with the HSEQ Manager for any incidents/issues within the Electrical department.
• Proactively be involved in relevant meetings and reviews and communicate to ensure that your team has a clear understanding of all expectations, policies or procedures implemented by NPE.
• Manage staffing requirements to ensure that resource availability meets requirements for job schedules.
• Identify and communicate initiatives to improve safety and efficiency.
• Ensure that the Electrical workshop and field service electrical locations are maintained to a safe, clean, and professional standard.
• Ensure that all personnel understand health and safety obligations and apply these in their daily tasks.
• Work with HR & HSEQ to ensure that all personnel have valid and current licenses, medicals, and competencies as required for their role.
• Manage any grievances or issues raised by employees in a timely manner and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• Manage all Electrical contractors and ensure they have been approved and have completed all mandatory entry requirements prior to commencing any electrical work.
Skills/ Selection Criteria (qualifications & experience)
• Electrical trade or electrical engineering qualification.
• WA A Grade Electrical Workers Licence.
• Hold the Contractor’s Licence for NPE.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in electrical supervisor or similar position.
• Experience with Mine Site Electrical installations and a proven understanding on Mine Site Electrical regulations.
• Demonstrated understanding of relevant plant, equipment, and electrical installations.
• Demonstrated high level of problem-solving skills.
• Proven leadership ability to develop, empower and motivate employees to obtain the required objectives.
• Results driven, solutions focused and highly organised.
• Exposure to heavy machinery or equipment.
• Intermediate computer skills for applications in Microsoft word, excel, outlook, and Insphire (desirable).
• Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment.
• Current C-Class Driver’s Licence.
• National Police Clearance.
• Certificate III or IV in Leadership & Management
• High Risk Forklift Licence (LF, DG, CN, CV).
• Senior First Aid & Low Voltage Rescue.
• Current HR Driver’s Licence.
• Safety Leadership Training.
We believe in providing a great employee experience. Therefore, we invest in perks, benefits, and experiences to make the employee journey the best it can be. You will be offered the following benefits and more:
• Competitive Remuneration
• Opportunity to grow within the business and own what you do
• Complimentary Employee Assistance Program for staff and their family
• Great savings on Private Health Insurance + Gym Membership
• Generous discounts available on our online employee portal (Save $ at popular retailers including JB Hifi, Event Cinemas and many many more!)
Still curious about what makes NPE a great place to work? Get the inside scoop about #LifeatNPE from our team by checking out employee ratings on SEEK. For further information on the role, contact Mel Synen on 0400 015 687. Applications close soon – don’t delay, apply today